Justin Breen is CEO of the PR firm BrEpic Communications and author of the No. 1 international best-selling Book, Epic Business. Justin is hard-wired to seek out and create viral, thought-provoking stories that the media craves. And he finds the best stories when he networks with visionary entrepreneurs and executives who understand the value of investing in themselves and their businesses. Justin believes strongly in the power of introductions and creates important relationships through those introductions. He has an incredible global network of visionaries and exceptional businesses.
When I asked Justin what led him to becoming the founder of BrEpic Communications, he described himself as an accidental entrepreneur. Justin was a journalist for 20 years but in 2017, his job salary was cut in half due to the changing industry. After struggling to find another full-time job, he decided to start his own business. He reached out to 5000 people over the next six weeks, and when he got his fifth client, he resigned from his journalism career and became a full-time entrepreneur. Listen to this episode to hear all of the amazing stories Justin has to share!
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Top three takeaways in Justin’s book. [6:33]
- Common thread between the world’s top entrepreneurs. [9:10]
- How to tell the difference between abundance and scarcity Mindset. [12:40]
- Two types of people with an abundance mindset. [13:35]
- Disadvantages of working with people with the scarcity mindset [15:00]
- Keys to identifying those who don’t have the abundance mindset. [18:50]
- What an entrepreneur can do to “strengthen their strengths”. [21:00]
The book that was never meant to be a book
Justin told me he didn’t interview people with the intent to write a book. He said he simply talked to people. Those people he spoke with were literally THOUSANDS of the world’s top entrepreneurs! He shared about his ability to remember really interesting things that people say that stand out. When his company hit its 30-month anniversary, he posted on social media a list of 30 things that many of those top entrepreneurs told him. Once his list was posted people kept telling him he needed to write the book that expanded on these things. Eventually, Justin signed with one of the top micropublishers in the US and had Chris Voss — bestselling author of Never Split the Difference — write the forward for his book.
I asked Justin to share the top takeaways from his book that he heard mentioned most often. He said that one he lives by is to only do what you like to do and are good at. He said he spends 100% of his day doing just that and further said he works exactly zero hours every week because he is doing what he loves. Listen to this episode to hear the other takeaways Justin mentioned!
Everything has a pattern
Justin describes himself as a simplifier — he talks to people at all different levels and his brain simplifies everything he hears and looks for patterns. He says there are so many different patterns, but in our conversation, he focused on the fact that he has not met a single entrepreneur that has not overcome at least one adverse situation in his lifetime. He says the ability to overcome major obstacles and use them as fuel separates the very top entrepreneurs from everyone else — they just push through and figure it out. This can be attributed one hundred percent to mindset.
Abundance mindset is not important — it’s EVERYTHING
Justin believes that mindset is what separates the top from everyone else.The right mindset leads to the right network and that leads to everything else. Everything else is a byproduct of having the right mindset. Abundance mindset is the minority of minorities — the number one of number one things, according to Justin. The overwhelming majority of society is working under a cost/scarcity mindset and look at things in a transactional way, rather than a relational way.
The rest of the world — a truly tiny percentage — have what Justin calls abundance > visionary > investment mindset, and he further breaks it down into two types from there.He said when you have that abundance mindset, it attracts other people who have that same mindset, and in turn, those people introduce you to even more people with the abundance mindset. He said his company is NOT a PR firm — It’s a giant incubator of geniuses with an abundance>visionary>investment mindset. Listen to hear all of Justin’s fascinating viewpoints on abundance mindset!
Resources & People Mentioned
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Epic Business by Justin Breen
- Strategic Coach
- Justin’s Inc. Magazine Article – 8 Patterns of Ultra-Successful Entrepreneurs
Connect with Justin Breen
- Justin Breen is CEO of the PR firm BrEpic Communications and author of the No. 1 International Best-Selling Book, Epic Business. Justin is hard-wired to seek out and create viral, thought-provoking stories that the media craves. And he finds the best stories when he networks with visionary entrepreneurs and executives who understand the value of investing in themselves and their businesses. Justin believes strongly in the power of introductions and creates important relationships through those introductions. He is an extremely active member of Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Strategic Coach, Abundance 360, and ProVisors, and he has an incredible global network of visionaries and exceptional businesses.
- Follow Justin on Linkedin
- Follow Justin on Twitter
- Follow Justin on Facebook
Guests on the Mitlin Money Mindset Show are not affiliated with CWM, LLC, and opinions expressed herein may not be representative CWM, LLC. CWM, LLC is not responsible for the guest’s content linked on this site.
Connect With Mitlin Financial
- podcast(at)MitlinFinancial.com – email us with your suggestions for topics or guests
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Subscribe on Youtube
- Follow on Linkedin
- Follow on Facebook