In this episode, join me as we talk to Greg Demetriou, owner and CEO of Lorraine Gregory Communications (LGC). After a highly decorated tenure as a New York City police detective, Greg has spent the past 25 years as CEO of LGC, a full-service integrated marketing company that can take projects from concept to completion and handles the analytics process as well. He is also a successful author, business writer, and speaker. Listen as we discuss some of the best ways for a business to market itself in today’s climate.
- The most cost-effective way for a business to market itself. [8:24]
- Whether small and medium enterprises can get the same traction in marketing as larger businesses. [11:52]
- How COVID has changed the marketplace. [13:50]
- The hottest marketing platform right now. [17:10]
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
The most bang for your marketing buck
In any business, if you’re not growing, you’re dying. One key component to growth is marketing. There are so many ways for businesses to market today — the most effective strategy is to take an integrated approach. Greg said it is a matter of being on the right platform, in front of the right audience, at the right time. People consume content so differently now than in previous years. Gone are the days of television, radio, and print. Now we have so many different tools to choose from and a real way to analyze and track what is working. LGC’s job is to keep track of what tools are available and how they work together. Things can be done in a very streamlined manner and very inexpensively now. Listen to hear all of Greg’s fantastic insights!
Engagement wins the day
Today’s marketing success is centered around the relationships you build. You have to provide valuable information to your community. You must engage with them — let them get to know and trust you. Help them keep you top of mind. When they like, know, and trust you, only then might you be able to convert them to a sale. Social media and the ability to engage across platforms has helped small and medium-sized businesses level the playing field in the business to consumer categories. You build your audience over time through consistency and providing helpful information and content. Join us as we talk about Greg’s strategies for engagement and conversion!
COVID has shown us how to pivot
Greg started an Ask the CEO video series a few years back, but was concerned when issues with the pandemic made video production less accessible. He realized that he could continue his series by moving to a Zoom platform and that he could also take it one step further by separating the audio and publishing it as a podcast. Since doing so, the reach has increased exponentially. They made this shift a few months ago and are already closing in on 20,000 downloads! Greg said people want to hear from CEOs about what it’s like to run a company. What Greg also realized? Whenever he interviews a CEO, he always comes away with a new pearl of wisdom that comes out of the conversations. Listen to this episode to hear all of Greg’s great stories and advice on today’s marketing strategies!
Connect with Greg Demetriou
- After a highly decorated tenure as a New York City Detective, Greg went on to build a new career as the CEO of Lorraine Gregory Communications (LGC) and has directed the growth of the company into the leading marketing and communications agency it is today. LGC now boasts a client list of over 800 with an expanding market share in the digital and online marketing sphere. In the past 25 years, LGC has consistently grown into a full-service agency that provides digital and direct marketing and also owns the factory end of the business. They produce high-end digital and offset printing, mailings, and fulfillment for their clients. LGC’s business model incorporates a concept to completion process. In addition to building such a legacy with LGC, Greg is also an accomplished author, business writer, and speaker.
- Lorraine Gregory Communications
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow LGC on LinkedIn
- Follow Greg on LinkedIn
- Follow LGC on Facebook
Guests on the Mitlin Money Mindset Show are not affiliated with CWM, LLC, and opinions expressed herein may not be representative CWM, LLC. CWM, LLC is not responsible for the guest’s content linked on this site.
Connect With Mitlin Financial
- podcast(at)MitlinFinancial.com – email us with your suggestions for topics or guests
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Subscribe on Youtube
- Follow on Linkedin
- Follow on Facebook